Students are encouraged to individually visit the careers room and speak with the Careers Adviser to discuss their career and future study options. Structured activities include:
Year 10 activities
• Individual careers assessments of each student.
• Researching careers.
• Training in Occupational Heath and Safety, grooming, deportment and etiquette in preparation for work experience.
• Work experience.
• Attendance at local careers expos and information sessions.
• Writing resumés and applying for jobs.
Year 11 and 12 activities
• Students may undertake TVET TAFE courses in areas such as animal care, beauty services, aviation theory and accounting, school-based traineeships and school-based apprenticeships as part of their studies.
• Work placements for VET students.
• Attendance at career forums and information sessions.
• Access to Youth and Community Services Careers counsellors.
• Preparation for life after school including rights and responsibilities as tenants, electoral enrolment, information on GAP activities.
• Visits to universities and Colleges of TAFE.
• Student ambassadors from tertiary institutions visit St Paul’s.
Students in Years 10-12 also have the opportunity to study mini-courses including Wool Classing, Senior First Aid, Chainsaws (Safe Use & Maintenance), Small Engines, Fire Fighting, Farm Chemical Users Certificate, Responsible Service of Alcohol and Responsible Conduct of Gambling.