St Paul’s students have the opportunity to participate in activities that either extend their learning or complement what they learn in their classes.
Many students have individual music tuition in drums, guitar, bass guitar, piano, wind and voice with visiting tutors. This is particularly helpful for those students enrolled in Music 1, which has a performance emphasis. Additionally, other students take private Speech and Communication lessons with some students gaining awards and others receiving ASCA qualifications.
St Paul’s students are encouraged to compete in National and International Academic competitions in such areas as English, Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Skills and Geography.
Other opportunities exist through
• Livestock showing and judging where many St Paul’s students have progressing to the state finals.
• Interschool Chess competitions.
• The Tournament of Minds.
• The Australian Sharemarket Game.
• Representation on the Student Representative and Boarder Councils.
• Various science-related activities such the Siemens Science Summer School, the Science forum and Physics Olympiad.